Destina Healing believes ~
- At your core you are whole, complete, and good.
- Our bodies have an innate wisdom, and we can trust that wisdom.
- Humans exist in a diversity of body size and shape, and that all bodies are good bodies worthy of respect and dignity.
- Health is a fluctuating state affected by both inner and outer conditions. While we can work together to help you feel your best - including learning to listen to and trust your inner wisdom, and building resiliency skills - your worth as a person is not related to a particular health status.
- Diet culture robs us of our true vitality, and reclaiming full authorship for your own life is a worthy and viable option!
"...this very body that we have, that's sitting right here right now...with its aches and its pleasures...is exactly what we need to be fully human, fully awake, fully alive." ~Pema Chodron
Coming from a place of non judgment and compassion ~
- I will support you in releasing the paradigm that your body is a never-ending fixer upper job, and leaning into your body relationship from a place of trust and respect, free of blame and shame.
- I will help you redefine your understanding of health and weight.
- I will help you remember your intuitive ability to nourish yourself, and release external diet rules and constructs.
My holistic approach, both weight neutral and inclusive, is a body positive, counter cultural alternative to the predominant message of dieting and weight loss, which tend to promote disordered eating, self blame and stigmatization rather than improvement in health and well being.
In my practice, I incorporate tools such as Body Trust, Health At Every Size (HAES), Intuitive Eating, mindfulness, embodiment practices, self-compassion, radical acceptance, and shame resilience. These evidence based practices are associated with greater peace, weight stability, improved health, and sustainability.